Wednesday, July 16, 2008


OK, let me preface this by saying that I am a firm believer in outlet safety plugs. And for those of you who don't have them, or think that your kids are "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" this post is for you. Let me also take a moment to express, as a mother, my gratitude to a loving Heavenly Father who has angels constantly surrounding his little ones.

This all happened two nights ago when I was out enjoying the evening, when Aaron (very calmly I might add) asked me to come inside. When I walked in I could smell this awful burning smell, and saw that my outlet right inside my front door was black. I asked what happened and Aaron said just go and check Abby. This is what I found on the counter. Abby was visibly shaken, but O.K. I asked her what had happened and she said that she had put her keys in the outlet. I gave her the once over to make sure that she was alright, said a prayer, and started to yell.
As you can see from the pictures, one of the keys has about 1/4 of the end completely melted away. Aaron said that he could see the sparks clear in the other room.
We were so lucky that Abby was not hurt worse. She only has a small spot on her leg, it looks like it was burnt with a sparkler. After I was done yelling, and the mood was lighter, she said that she made (with her little lisp) "Fireworkths in the housth." WE WON'T BE DOING THAT AGAIN!!!
The moral if this story is that the safety plugs do work, until they are 4. :) We are just glad she is O.K.


Anderson Family said...

I'm sure the black up your wall will increase the value of your home!! At least you can tell them that the outlets for sure work! We are glad that Abby didn't get more hurt than she was. What a miracle!

Pam said...

Look at her cheezin it like she's an angel! I'm so glad that she's ok!

Corinne said...

Yet, another thing that we bond over via our delightful daughters. (Only ours was a screwdriver.) :-)