Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kira

Kira~ was born on September 10, 1998, and went back to heaven to play again with YoYo on March 9, 2010. Kira was our first "child" and was really our baby for alot of years before we were able to have kids. She lived a very happy life, and would fetch a ball for hours on end. Even in the last few days of her life, she loved to play ball, her body just got tired.

The kids and I were in St. George when Aaron called and said that she had taken a fall and was in pretty bad shape. Her back legs just didn't work anymore, so when she fell, and hurt her front legs we knew it was time. It was so hard to tell Aaron to let her go without being there, but it was what was best for her.


Aaron took her and she was very calm. The vet said that the medicine would take anywhere from 2-5 minutes to work, and she was gone even before one minute was up. She was ready! In looking back, I am glad that Aaron had the rest of that day to himself, because we were both a mess. After the kids and I got the news that she was gone, we said a prayer. Karson asked that "Uncle Greg could find her and take care of her, and make sure she was happy, and had the happy life she did when she was young", and Abby prayed that" YoYo and Kira could play together" yup...totally an easy one to get through. :) When the two dogs were younger they would have "wars" where they would chase eachother around the backyard. Well now every thunder storm we hear will be them having their wars.
Two very special friends brought flowers over when I got home. I am so blessed to have such wonderful caring people in my life. They are both my favorite colors and have and are still brightening my day! Love you guys!!

This post may seem a little silly to some, but she really was my first baby, and she is missed terribly.

7 comments:

Jeron & Brook said...

I don't think it was silly at all. I DO NOT look forward to the day we have to face this with Ty. I watch him with the kids and just don't know what we would do without him! It is also a good way to be able to teach our children. You can totaly tell you have done that. Give the kids a hug for us. Love you guys!

Corinne said...

Love the tribute Kris. Kira and YoYo always made me feel safe when I'd watch the kids at your house. She was a sweet girl. She will be missed. Love you!!

Teri said...

Tears, Tears, Tears. This was a beautiful post, my dear!

Collings Family said...

So sorry Kristi. She seemed like a very special family member and I feel for your loss.

Side note - I subbed in Abby's class the other day and she sure knows how to make a teacher feel loved!

Leigh said...

I am so sorry. That had to be tough. Hugs to you and your family!!

Doug said...

I have many stories of my own relating to pets. They truly are part of the family and so this post is far from silly. So sorry!

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry to here about your families loss! A puppy always holds a special place in a family!