Friday, August 14, 2009

Island Park with the Richman's



We were finally able to get away with the Richman's to Island Park. Ryan's family has a cabin up there. It was a blast...for the most part. It was a real wake up call for the parents. Aaron and I talked about how big of babies we were being, and that we now have a new respect for our parents. Family vacations are all about the kids...as it should be.

We went to Yellowstone where we were able to take it more of the breath taking beauty of the area as there were no animals to be found anywhere, I take that back, we saw 4 Elk, and a small herd of buffalo about thousand yards away!!! It was a long day, and the kids were great.

We were able to the Big Springs float on the Henry's Fork River. We were worried about how Luke would do, but he had the most fun. He loves to be outdoors. We got rained on a couple of times, and noone especially Abby wanted to stop to fish...kind of a bummer. I love to float that River, and had hoped that it would have been a nicer first experience for them, but there is always next time.

We stopped at Bear World on our way home. I was not really sure what to expect, but it turned out to be really fun. We had rented a little sport trailer to hold our stuff so that the ride would be more comfortable, and the Ranger cautioned us to not stop for too long because the black bears were known to jump on, and could cause damage. We saw alot of bears, wolves, a moose, bull elk, deer, and other fun animals. The visit ended with Karson getting bitten by a horse fly, and some awesome bear claw shaped french fries. The trip was alot of work, but the kids really enjoyed themselves! Thanks Richmans again for the fun!!!

2 comments:

Melissa Richman said...

I know I definately have a new respect for mom and dad! It was so much fun! I think my favorite part was the river! Luke singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star over and over and over again like 20 times was the best! And I can't believe Luke fell asleep on me with the rain coming down. I guess I have the right amount of cushiness :-) I am so glad you guys came with us! Thanks for making it so enjoyable! Love you

Ashlee Swensen said...

How fun! What a perfect little get away. I think some of my favorite memories were our family vacations. It is a lot of work to get gone but well worth it. That is a fun slide show!